LANSING – House Democratic Leader-Elect Tim Greimel (Auburn Hills) announced today who will fill a number of leadership positions for the 2013-2014 legislative session.
“I look forward to working with this outstanding team to create a cohesive Democratic Caucus, craft public policy that benefits all Michiganders and grow our Democratic numbers in 2014,” said Greimel. “While these members have specific roles, it is important to note that every House Democrat is a member of the 2013-2014 leadership team.”
The leadership posts being announced today include:
- Minority Vice Chair of Appropriations: State Rep. Rashida H. Tlaib (Detroit)
- Whip: State Rep. Stacy Erwin Oakes (Saginaw)
- Caucus Chair: Representative-Elect Sarah Roberts (St. Clair Shores)
- Campaign Chair: State Rep. Brandon Dillon (Grand Rapids)
- Finance Chair: Representative-Elect Sam Singh (East Lansing)
- Policy Advisor: State Rep. Jim Townsend (Royal Oak)
These members will join a leadership team that includes State Rep.Rudy Hobbs (Southfield) as Democratic Floor Leader. A Detroit Caucus chair will be chosen by the Detroit Caucus and added to the Democratic leadership team. In addition, other members will be selected in the future for other important roles in the caucus.